FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disappearing TB Manager window

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Smith
Disappearing TB Manager window
on Jan 29, 2013 at 12:42:51 am

One of our users is running Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Terrablock Manager 5.6.0.

When she needs to mount a new volume, and clicks the TBMgr icon in her dock (already running), the application name appears in her menu bar, but the window does not come forward (in effect, no window is now the foreground window). If she chooses Exposé, she can see the Terrablock Manager window in miniature, but clicking it brings back the screen without that window showing.

This is baffling us. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? It is the only application that does this on her iMac. She is the only user of our 86 Terrablock users who experiences this, but she is also one of the only users running Mountain Lion. My fellow server admin is running Mountain Lion, and hasn't had this happen.

As Terrablock Manager is the only application whose window fails in this manner to appear, I'm wondering if there's an issue between Terrablock Manager and Mountain Lion.

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: Disappearing TB Manager window
on Jan 29, 2013 at 10:55:27 pm

Is the menu bar coming up with Terrablock Manager?

If so does Window> Bring all to front do anything?

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Feb 1, 2013 at 5:57:28 pm

Yes, the menu bar does display. Selecting "Bring All to Front" has no visible effect.

The window is still visible in F3 (the display of all running windows). It's not called Exposé in Mountain Lion, but it's the same idea.

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Feb 1, 2013 at 6:48:17 pm

Are they using spaces? if it were on and then shut off I've seen the manager window get stuck on another "space"

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Feb 11, 2013 at 3:58:54 pm

Thanks for the ideas, Matt.

Here's what Michael came up with, when he was helping the user solve a drive letter conflict (she has a PC as well):

I also found the problem with her TBM window disappearing on the Mac. Her iMac was thinking there was a second display attached. By mirroring displays, TBM appeared.

[rant]This is why I really hate what Apple did to Spaces in recent OS versions. You can no longer see the other screen's windows in Spaces overview, so you have no way of diagnosing issues like this. Nor can you recover windows from other screens by dragging them back (when you don't have that screen present or on).[/rant]

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Feb 11, 2013 at 8:12:49 pm

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]