FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving media at the finder level

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Moving media at the finder level
on Dec 14, 2012 at 6:50:38 pm

I have media that was captured at another facility into the Op Atom file structure that avid uses. Can I copy that at the finder level onto the Terrablock into the Avid MXF folder? While other Avids are up and using the same media folder?

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

James McKenna
Re: Moving media at the finder level
on Dec 19, 2012 at 8:18:20 pm

Hi Scott,

A little late but I wanted to reply to this in case anyone else was wondering. Regardless of the file structure coming over, the MXF files should exist in a directory that's being managed by an active member of the local workgoup.

If the files were captured at another facility, the host name directory may be "Edit4Avid.1". If you copy that sub folder over to your local MXF directory, but don't have an active member of your workgroup called "Edit4Avid", no one will be tracking that folder's databases. You may see the media initially if the .pmr file is complete, but if you delete any of that media you'll get unintended results (PMM_NO_MEDIA errors for one) as the database will be out of synch with the contents.

Better to move the MXF files into an active sub directory, and force a rebuild. You can do this while people are working, but the owner of that directory will have to scan and rebuild the next time the app changes focus.

Jim McKenna
Facilis Technology
978-562-7022 x101

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]