FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terrablock with new software EXTREMELY slow

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Hoppe
Terrablock with new software EXTREMELY slow
on Feb 11, 2016 at 6:41:47 pm

How many days is it supposed to take to convert a volume to multi-user write? Our 24ex with 12 drives still hasn't made the conversion, this is with NO clients attached.

James Hoppe
WILX-TV
Engineering

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Terrablock with new software EXTREMELY slow
on Feb 11, 2016 at 7:27:24 pm

Should only take a couple of minutes at most. This is new system and Facilis is the best at customer service - a call or email should help solve quickly.

Ricky

Return to posts index

James Hoppe
on Feb 11, 2016 at 7:47:29 pm

I know they are, but it seems as if they're swamped right now. I'll give the telephone another shot.

James Hoppe
WILX-TV
Engineering

Return to posts index

Jeremy Ellis
on Feb 11, 2016 at 10:58:08 pm

Hello James,

I tried giving you a call and send you an email but also wanted to respond here. I have seen instances when the process gets hung. Right click on “My Computer” on the server and choose “Manage.” Go to “Device Manager”, right click on “Disk Drives” and choose “Scan for hardware changes.” This should kick it out of that hang.

Thank You
Jeremy
Facilis Support

Return to posts index

James Hoppe
on Feb 12, 2016 at 1:44:09 pm

Mostly solved, I managed to get in touch with Daniel. We have one remaining issue with a Win7Pro client, but we both think it's a problem with a network setting in the client computer.

James Hoppe
WILX-TV
Engineering

Return to posts index

Trevor Cable
on Feb 12, 2016 at 1:36:43 am

I had the same issue with server versions previous to 6.5.x. The upgrade to 6.5.2 solved several nagging issues including the time to convert volumes. It's now much much quicker. We also had experienced shutdown times of the server of up to 45 minutes. This has been resolved as well. It also seems that our volumes mount much faster on OSX as well. So, if you are able, you might consider upgrading the server.

-Cable

Return to posts index

James Hoppe
on Feb 12, 2016 at 1:42:41 pm

Daniel from Facilis did that for us and it's taken care of most of the problems. Thanks for the response!

James Hoppe
WILX-TV
Engineering

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]