FORUMS: list search recent posts

Facilis and 10GbE

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Duncan
Facilis and 10GbE
on Jun 4, 2015 at 9:53:09 pm

I recently swapped over our existing infrastructure from 8G Fiber to 10GbE. We added two additional Facilis servers in the process and swapped over 20 Edit stations all in one morning.

The install and swap was smooth and we've been battling small bugs here and there since but that's expected. Within 48 hours we were using everything, so there was very little time to test and fine-tune and troubleshoot.

One thing I'm seeing since switching over to 10GbE is noticeable bottlenecks on a client when trying to read and write simultaneously? I'll be writing at 390mb/s but I can't play back a single video file while browsing in my project. Stop the writes and playback is fine.

Has anybody see this behavior before?
It's a pretty turn-key install, not a lot of special settings or tweaks. I've heard of one other Facilis / 10GbE customer seeing a similar problem and we were recommended to upgrade to 6.1.2, which we did and so far I'm not seeing anything different in that behavior.

I never had this over fiber and I did not expect the behavior at lower levels of bandwidth / client connections.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Facilis and 10GbE
on Jun 8, 2015 at 10:43:46 am

We have 2 units on 4GB Fiber and will be adding a 3rd TB unit. We have been encouraged by the 10GBe option via CAT6a. I am very interested in this thread and would appreciate any updates as they become available.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]