FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terrablock and LTO backup

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Gilmour
Terrablock and LTO backup
on May 1, 2012 at 10:20:26 pm

Anyone have a Pro-Cache5 direct attached to a Terrablock? I currently have one on our network router which we then initiate file transfers from our computer over the network with. We've kind of hit the wall with speed limitations and Final Cut has a tendency to stop working during massive file transfers.

I've been searching for documentation on direct attaching, but I've been coming up short and I'm worried about screwing up my Terrablock.

Any advice or suggestions?

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: Terrablock and LTO backup
on May 3, 2012 at 9:34:55 pm

Chad,

Setup for any client on the Facilis is the same whether it is direct attached or through a switch. As long as you have an open port.

This is Ethernet I presume?

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
on May 3, 2012 at 9:48:08 pm

We have 3 mac's connected to the Terrablock via fiber. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has direct attached a Cache-A LTO device while simultaneously having that same Cache-A LTO device available on the network for other people to access.

Also I'd be interested in a way to remote into the Terrablock. I looked up the IP for it and nothing seems to recognize the IP. I don't know much about this type of IT stuff though.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on May 3, 2012 at 10:13:22 pm

I'm not certain if anyone has that exact set up in the field but it should not cause an issue with the server.

For the 2nd question
Are you on the same network? Can you ping the IP? What remote software are you using?

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
on May 4, 2012 at 2:24:00 pm

So I did some digging and I feel a little silly now, we never put the Terrablock on the network to keep it off the internet. So my main question still stands if you can connect a cache-a directly to a Terrablock and have that same cache-a on the network at the same time. The reason I posted this here is because for whatever reason we never received any "direct attach" documentation with the Cache-A box. We only received the "network attach" manual.

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
on May 4, 2012 at 2:35:42 pm

I suppose I could just call them. I'm also waiting to hear back from a rep that said Facillis is working on a new update that has some sort of built-in interfacing for Cache-A devices.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]