FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terra Block Partition Size Issue

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Pratt
Terra Block Partition Size Issue
on Oct 25, 2011 at 3:35:04 pm

I have created a partition on the Terrablock and the partition size was not big enough to copy all of the files I needed to move, so I increased the partition size but the new partition size is not showing up. I started at 350 gigs and increased the size to 375gigs, but after unmounting the drive partition and remounting the drive I stil see only the 350gig size and not the total drive size.The Terrablock Manager sees the 375 gig sizze but the computer that I am using does not.I am connected using Avid Symphony 5.5.1 and a fiber card.Does anyone have any thoughts as to what could be causing this issue?

Thanks,
Fred

Return to posts index

Greg Kessler
Re: Terra Block Partition Size Issue
on Oct 25, 2011 at 4:26:39 pm

Hi Fred,

This could be a couple of different things. If the volume is formatted as NTFS we can force the partition size change using Diskpart. If it is Mac formatted you'll need to use iPartition to complete the change. Also, are you using this volume as Multi-User Write or Single-User Write?

-Greg

Facilis Support

Return to posts index

Fred Pratt
on Oct 25, 2011 at 4:52:52 pm

This drive partition is formatted as ntfs. What is disk part? I am just learning the Terrablock so there is a learning curve for me. Is there a set of instructions on how to properly format a partition and how to increase its size properly ,if needed? I have information on this partition that I can not afford to loose, but I am trying to increase its size. This is currently formatted as a single user drive.

Fred

Return to posts index

Greg Kessler
on Oct 25, 2011 at 5:38:52 pm

Frank,

No need to worry about the data on the volume, that will remain intact over the expansion. Generally speaking after performing a Change Volume in the TB Manager, Disk Management will expand the partition size in Windows Automatically. When this doesn't happen we can use diskpart to take care of the change manually out of a command prompt. When you have a chance if you reach out to us on our support line or email us at support@facilis we can get you the necessary steps for expanding the partition.

-Greg

Facilis Support

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Jun 22, 2012 at 6:43:04 pm

For PC, NTFS, ALWAYS and WITHOUT FAIL is this workaround: Expand volume and remount, after it is remounted, create a small "junk" volume, when windows asks to format just cancel as usual, when this junk volume mounts, your computer will immediately recognize the expansion to your "real" volume. Unmount "junk" and delete. The PC windows needs to go through this to recognize the expansion.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]