FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to decrease volume size?

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Collins
How to decrease volume size?
on Nov 6, 2014 at 8:16:09 pm

We are cleaning up our Facilis and can't get a volume to decrease in size although our tech did a demo last week- so we know it works. We've tested using single write, multi-write, tandem, volume/a-z drives... pretty much all of the normal stuff. Is there something we're missing?

Thanks
frank

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: How to decrease volume size?
on Nov 6, 2014 at 8:21:13 pm

This isn't an option as it is with Unity/Isis

Ricky

Return to posts index

Frank Collins
on Nov 6, 2014 at 8:26:27 pm

Decreasing a volume wasn't an option until the last upgrade is my understanding. Like I said, the tech was able to do it last week. I'll call him tomorrow when he's back in but thought I'd try this list for the heck of it.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Nov 6, 2014 at 8:28:58 pm

Ah - I didn't read your post very well! Good to know ... we don't have the latest, something I am trying to get. I'm glad they have added that option!

Ricky

Return to posts index

James McKenna
on Nov 6, 2014 at 9:50:08 pm

Hi Frank,

In the first release of this feature you have to do it from the TerraBlock server on Multi-user Write volumes, or you can do it from the Windows client if the volume is mounted Single-user Write. Can you get access to the server interface to do it there? We also have a Volume Monitor tool releasing with 6.1 that tells you how much space you have left on the volumes, to make it easier to determine the available size reduction.

Thanks,

Jim McKenna
Facilis Technology
978-562-7022 x101

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Nov 6, 2014 at 8:24:28 pm

If it is a necessity, we create a smaller partition at the size we need and try to name it something close to the original and copy then delete the original. I have copied to a temp partition, deleted the original and created partition with same name and copied back BUT, found it best to close all clients and reboot TerraBlock after deleting and before re-creating to clear out any references to the deleted partition.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]