FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Mac Pro and Facilis •Major issues•

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Turner
New Mac Pro and Facilis •Major issues•
on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:39:21 pm

We are upgrading our systems to new Mac Pros to use with our existing Facilis TerraBlock. We have it connected through a Promise SanLink2. We are able to see our drives on the Facilis, move items within the Facilis, and take items from the Facilis, but we are NOT able to copy media to it. No video or audio files can be copied over. We can however copy very small files like photos / screen grabs to it.

We have the latest drivers installed from Facilis and Promise. Any ideas or work-arounds for this? Very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

James McKenna
Re: New Mac Pro and Facilis •Major issues•
on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:54:42 pm

Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately we've never been able to support the SANLink devices with our shared file system. I don't remember seeing that exact issue, but there has always been an incompatibility with their driver. It's been reported to Promise but I don't know if a fix is in the works. Did you buy those through one of our resellers or direct from Promise?

Thanks,

Jim McKenna
Facilis Technology
978-562-7022 x101

Return to posts index

Ryan Turner
on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:59:22 pm

Thanks for the speedy response James.

Promise sent me the lastest beta driver and still no luck. We just find it odd; small files and folders transfer no problem, just not larger media files.

We purchased 3 of the Promise Sanlinks through B and H.

Thanks. Do you know the best alternative we can use to replace our SanLinks?

Return to posts index

James McKenna
on Sep 5, 2014 at 5:19:14 pm

I can't explain the behavior, although it may have something to do with the I/O request size being too large, so you wouldn't see it until the file you're moving gets above a certain size. Just a guess.

We test and support (and sell) the ATTO Thunderlink devices, and we also test and support the Sonnet Echo Express expanders with ATTO FC HBAs.

Jim McKenna
Facilis Technology
978-562-7022 x101

Return to posts index

Ryan Turner
on Sep 5, 2014 at 5:30:48 pm

Thanks again James. Last questio I promise.

Is this a supported device:

ATTO Technology ThunderLink FC 1082 10 Gbps Thunderbolt to 8 Gbps FC Desklink

Thanks!
Ryan

Return to posts index

James McKenna
on Sep 5, 2014 at 5:42:33 pm

Yes, the 1082 is supported. The 16Gb TB2 one is faster, but unless you're working with a lot of uncompressed HD/2K, 8Gb is fine.

Jim McKenna
Facilis Technology
978-562-7022 x101

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 10, 2014 at 12:25:05 am

Hi Ryan -
while this may not help you directly, as you apparently are trying to use the Promise SanLink2 Fibre channel to Thunderbolt product, I have just recently installed an ATTO NT12 card inside a Facilis 24D at Adreanline Films in Orlando, FL. with the excellent support of Facilis. The ATTO NT 12 connects to a Netgear XS712T 10GbE switch, which in turn connects to multiple Promise SanLink2 10GbE to Thunderbolt boxes. These work perfectly with the new Mac Pro Cylinder computers running OS X 10.9.4. Facilis would be more than happy to sell you all of this hardware.

Or I can assist you.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]