FORUMS: list search recent posts

WIndows 7 not seeing newly deleted space?

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Gilmour
WIndows 7 not seeing newly deleted space?
on Aug 7, 2014 at 10:44:27 pm

I recently upgraded to Terrablock 6.0.3 and so far everything is great, mounting the volumes to the C: drive has solved some big issues for us.

I am noticing now though that when I delete (from any client) a large chunk of data from the Terrablock, my Windows 7 client doesn't see any change free space even though it is recognized on my Mac clients.

Example: I had only a couple gigs of free space, I deleted a couple hundred gigs of footage, but when I tried to move new data onto the volume, Windows told me there was not enough free space. I then went onto a Mac client and transferred the data without a problem.

I'm not 100% sure this is actually an issue with the upgrade, but all my drives are mounted to the C: drive since the 6.0.3 upgrade... and ever since then I have noticed this behavior.

Anyone else come across this issue?

My Terrablock server is Windows 64bit, 6GB Ram, 48TB, 4 clients connected via Fibre. No switch, no gigabit/ethernet connections.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: WIndows 7 not seeing newly deleted space?
on Aug 8, 2014 at 12:30:11 pm

Is this on the TerraBlock as a whole? Is it a partition and is the partition Multi-write or single? I might assume the partition is multi-write since you have a MAC in your system. Are the client machines mounted read only or write? You may need to update read only. You may also need to reboot the client machines.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
Re: WIndows 7 not seeing newly deleted space?
on Aug 8, 2014 at 6:12:43 pm

It's happening on every volume. Every volume is multi user write. We don't have a need to mount a volume as read only, so I guess I'm not sure what "updating read only" would, or is supposed to do? Yes, rebooting does seem to work, but that's is an insane work around if I have to reboot everytime I delete something, just to see the freed up space

Yes, we have mac and windows clients.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]