FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mulit-write Volumes show mounted but PC will not recognize

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Barrow
Mulit-write Volumes show mounted but PC will not recognize
on Jul 17, 2014 at 2:03:19 pm

We have 6 identical Win 7 systems, only one will not mount multi-write volumes. Manager shows volumes mounted but PC will not recognize. We did replace the hard drive from RAID-OS to SSD, ran updates and ran registry cleaner using CCleaner BUT we did this on the other 5 computers without issues.

We made the above changes, cloning and replacing the original drives on 5 computers, then we had TerraBlock hiccup with raid controllers - Facilis resolved this immediately THEN I replaced the cloned SSD drive in this "trouble" computer. Is there anything I can look into that may be causing this one system to not mount multi-write drives? I have tried deleting and re-creating 'User' but I do not believe that is the issue since we can mount any drive partitions that are single-write drives.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: Mulit-write Volumes show mounted but PC will not recognize
on Jul 17, 2014 at 3:42:43 pm

Ricky,

Any error messages on this machine?

Fibre or Ethernet?

is UAC set to never notify? Any Anti-virus running?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Jul 17, 2014 at 4:05:29 pm

no error messages at all. Fibre connected. ATTO config appears same as other machines. UAC is set to never notify. We have no Anti-virus installed (actively) - we do manuaaly run Malwarebytes occasionally.

I have just been informed that we now have 2 of the 6 computers not mounting multi-write volumes. I was also told that, without my knowledge, All available Microsoft updates (both recommended and optional) were installed to prepare for an organization audit - this would include an ATTO update. However they say these updates were done to all 6 computers.

What a mess. :-)

Ricky

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Jul 17, 2014 at 5:38:31 pm

Connection mode is point to Point (PTP) in the nvram of the atto card?

Could you send us a list or screen grab of installed programs to support@facilis.com

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Jul 17, 2014 at 5:47:59 pm

Yes, PTP. Will do - Thank you.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Jul 23, 2014 at 12:48:21 pm

Problem resolved!! Thanks to Facilis TerraBlock Support - their support is unparalleled!

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]