FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the best way to have an asset storage server for Terrablock 24D

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Nikon
What is the best way to have an asset storage server for Terrablock 24D
on May 29, 2013 at 3:18:41 pm

We are wanting to get around 100tb of Asset Storage ( xdcam ex and Kipro files ) and get this attached to the Facilis Terrablock 24d.

I recognize that Facilis offers direct attached storage... and that is good.. however, Im dealing with a looming fiscal year end and state purchasing guid lines ( we are a state agency and PBS affiliate )which basically mean I can buy from Dell or HP directly without having to go through a month or two month bid process.. so forth so on.

I've asked QA at facilis about this and I got an answer I expected... " we can't say it will or won't work and we can't support it " was the basic response.. I expected that.. and is understandable. We were looking at a Power Vault from Dell and attaching this directly... but, im sure there are other methods. So Im posing the question to you guys!

Is there an effective way that we can marry or link a direct attached, fiber attached, or complete separate server that will allow us to house our assets, pull the assets to the TB for edit ( hopefully with out having to go from this server to client back to TerraBlock ) we were hoping to figure out a method of moving or linking (avid) files from the asset storage to the TB directly for fast file movement and keep the network traffic down.

Any Ideas?

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/enterprise-products?~ck=bt

we also can buy directly from HP without the bid process but the process takes longer.
Dell is preferred.. we can make the request and get it here in days.. not weeks or months.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]