FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid project placement

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Parker
Avid project placement
on Feb 16, 2012 at 4:18:55 pm

We have 2 Avid edit suites both connected to our Facilis 24D via Fibre channel. All of our media is on 2 volumes on the Facilis. Edit1 and Edit2. I also have a volume called Avid Projects that both Avid systems have mounted. I have copied some of my local projects onto this and then access it via the External option when starting Media Composer. My question is, what is the down side to moving all of our projects to the Facilis and accessing them using the external radial button? Is there any benefit for us to leave projects on the Local storage? We are a small 2 person shop and we want to be able to share bins and media and even projects. I see a upside to having projects on Facilis as they are then RAID protected, unlike my C drive that just gets a Acronis backup every week.

Please help me understand better the External versus Internal use of Avid Projects. Its all pretty new to us a we just installed the Terrablock last October.

Thanks!
Grant

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: Avid project placement
on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:31:55 pm

Hey Grant,

There is no downside of storing the projects on your Facilis. In fact if you are using multi-write it will enable Unity style project sharing capabilities(bin locking) as long as file system emulation mode is turned on in the user mode menu of the Terrablock Manager.

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]