FORUMS: list search recent posts

From Unity to Terrablock?

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Frank
From Unity to Terrablock?
on Mar 11, 2013 at 7:49:29 pm

If anyone can share their thoughts on Facilis Terrablock, I'd be most appreciative. We are currently using Unity and are looking into different solutions. Terrablock seems to emulate Unity more closely than anything else. If you're a small shop, is there any reason to go to Isis? Seem like quite a bit of money.

Return to posts index

Will Duncan
Re: From Unity to Terrablock?
on Mar 18, 2013 at 5:46:11 pm

We just spent a lot of time debating between the two and ended up getting the Terrablock which we installed last week. The overall cost to storage was probably the biggest factor. The Facilis offered a lot more storage per dollar, which suits our needs better as a small shop working on a ton of content. An ISIS system at 1/3 the size was the same price.

The ISIS software / management can't be beat though. The control panel, management, and ability to resize volumes on the fly after you've built the system out was extremely impressive. If we didn't need so much storage the ISIS would probably be my first choice just because the server and management system are ahead of everyone else.

With that said, the Terrablock is very self sufficient. If you don't have a strong IT background, once it's setup it's extremely hands-off. It just works as expected and overall management of the server is very easy to learn. I'm still learning the nitty gritty stuff and getting used to having a windows server in the building, but so far I've been happy. For small or large shops it's a great solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]