FORUMS: list search recent posts

Share > Add Destination... doesn't work, cannot add new destination

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Smith
Share > Add Destination... doesn't work, cannot add new destination
on Apr 6, 2020 at 1:40:44 pm

Hi, i'm trying to add a new Share destination but clicking on the icons (ie. Youtube, save current frame,etc) to add the destination does nothing. The clicked icon raises a bit and text highlights but nothing happens, no dialog to input destination credentials. In this case I'm trying to add Youtube... I have another Youtube account already in my Final Cut Pro Destinations from before so I know the feature works... just can't see how to add another destination.

There is no restriction in Final Cut where you can have only 1 entry to a particular destination is there? I can't imagine that... plus all the other icons in the Share > Add Destination... dialog don't work either so I'm thinking its an issue with Final Cut.

Any ideas? I already tried resetting preferences with no luck.

cheers

Return to posts index

Terry Barnum
Re: Share > Add Destination... doesn't work, cannot add new destination
on Apr 6, 2020 at 2:48:28 pm

Hi Dave,

Once in the Add Destinations dialog, did you try dragging the YouTube icon from the right pane into the list of destinations?

-Terry

Return to posts index

Dave Smith
on Apr 6, 2020 at 3:26:20 pm

*facepalm* doh..... wow do i feel dumb haha. Thanks man.

Return to posts index

Dave Smith
on Apr 6, 2020 at 3:36:46 pm

Actually now that i think about it, i only feel dumb because i've obviously done it correctly before and simply forgot. The method by which you add a destination in final cut, dragging the icon to the sidebar, ... for how simple the task is I wonder why they couldn't have used a more common or intuitive process (ie. clicking on the icon opens the dialog vs. dragging it to the sidebar... the drag seems to serve no purpose). Who knows.... thanks again.

Return to posts index

Terry Barnum
on Apr 7, 2020 at 1:03:08 am

No worries Dave. Happy I could help. It also works if you double-click a destination icon, like YouTube, which adds it to the bottom of the list.

-Terry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]