FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using compound clips in multiple libraries?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Using compound clips in multiple libraries?
on Mar 18, 2020 at 4:44:54 pm

I'm working on a project that involves editing 200 videos. All have the same Graphic Open and Graphic close. The open changes with the title of each video.

I've created compound clips for each open and close.

Now I'm planning on periodically creating a new library (so my current library doesn't get too big) and wondering how I can keep reusing the same opening and closing graphics.(compound clips). Any advice would be appreciated.

Also I have the same lower third (created in FCPX) that I'd like to keep using and also the music tracks already have key frames built in that stay consistent in every video. How can I re-use those in each video?

Thanks so much for your help!

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
REALLY? NOr NO RESPONSES? Using compound clips in multiple libraries?
on Mar 19, 2020 at 1:56:49 pm

I really need this help here. I would be grateful if anyone would help me.

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

Terry Barnum
Re: REALLY? NOr NO RESPONSES? Using compound clips in multiple libraries?
on Mar 19, 2020 at 4:59:21 pm

Hi Greg,

If you stored the media for the compounds, music and gfx outside of the Library, then copied these clips from Library to Library within FCPX, wouldn't this do what you need? I think you'll need to set the prefs to Leave files in place.

The Ripple Training guys are having a sale on their Media Management tutorial which might be useful info. $10. No affiliation.

-Terry

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Using compound clips in multiple libraries?
on Mar 19, 2020 at 6:40:57 pm

You could create a new library (maybe call it TEMPLATE or SHARED ASSETS or something) and copy all your compound clips into there, as well as your lower thirds. You could paste them into a sequence in that library. Then, when you start a new library for a project and need those elements, you just open the TEMPLATE library and copy them over. Would that work?

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]