FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Running VERY SLOW

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
FCPX Running VERY SLOW
on Jan 6, 2020 at 9:23:53 pm

Nothing like starting the new year off with a slow running iMac. My FCPX is running VERY SLOW. I’ve shut down everything on the Mac except FCPX. I’ve turned off any background rendering. Re-booted and re-started. But it does not improve. Simple 2-cam multicam edit with 1 audio track. It takes a very long time for the audio waveforms to be “panted” in. When I hit play the spinning wheel will spin for about 15 seconds then start to play but with no audio. I re-start that step a few times and the audio does come back, but sometime way out of sync. Finally it will play in sync, but every time I pause/stop and play again the spinning wheel returns. This makes any editing pretty much impossible.

Thoughts? Solutions? Suggestions?

iMac 27 late 2013
3.5GHz Intel Core i7
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 mem
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

FCPX 10.4.8
macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Thanks

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: FCPX Running VERY SLOW
on Jan 7, 2020 at 12:32:43 pm

Make sure you are not running the Chrome browser. It may saturate the MacOS VideoToolBox framework, locking out FCPX and causing very sluggish and unpredictable behavior.

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Jan 7, 2020 at 7:37:39 pm

I do have Chrome and have noticed Compressor has problems running with Chrome open. So I do shut it down while running FCPX. Unpredictable behavior and very sluggish.... so true.

THX

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures

Return to posts index

Terry Barnum
on Jan 7, 2020 at 5:51:15 pm

Where is the media? If external, how is it connected and are the drives behaving normally?

-Terry

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Jan 7, 2020 at 7:44:41 pm

The media is on external RAIDs and copied into the Library on the same RAID. Connected by thunderbolt. RAIDs have performed great for several years now. Only recent change was moving to macOS Mojave and FCPX 10.4.8.

THX

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]