FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX doesn't see file on thumb drive for import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
FCPX doesn't see file on thumb drive for import
on Jan 3, 2020 at 9:09:55 pm
Last Edited By Don Smith on Jan 3, 2020 at 9:16:13 pm

I just got a new iMac Pro so it has Mac OS X Catalina.

FCPX works great, but I bought a Sena 10C EVO helmet communicator that also shoots video. I put a 128GB micro SD card in that is U3.

The video records just fine and I can look at it in the Finder on my new iMac Pro.

But, when I try to import the video (MP4's that play fine in the Finder) into the latest version of Final Cut Pro X, it sees the drive but sees nothing inside the drive.

I can Finder copy an MP4 movie from the Micro-SD card to a media hard drive, and FCPX sees that movie just fine.

The Micro-SD card is formatted exFat. To be sure, i reformatted the card to exFat. I changed its name, which was 'Untitled'.

I can't find anything on the 'net about this issue, so I come here.

Thank you - Don Smith

Return to posts index

Brad Hurley
Re: FCPX doesn't see file on thumb drive for import
on Jan 3, 2020 at 10:44:09 pm

I just tested an ex-FAT-formatted micro-SD card on a Mac running Catalina, and Final Cut saw the video files in it just fine. My guess is that this is a permissions issue: you might have accidentally clicked "don't allow" the first time message came up saying that Final Cut wants to access the files on your external micro-SD drive....or maybe the message didn't come up.

To fix this, you'll need to go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy and click on the “Files and Folders” option. Make sure all the checkboxes for Final Cut Pro X are ticked: Removable Volumes, Downloads Folder, and Desktop Folder. My guess is your "Removable Volumes" is unchecked. If it isn't checked, click on the padlock at the bottom left of the Security and Privacy window and enter your administrator password to make changes.

Return to posts index

Don Smith
Re: FCPX doesn't see file on thumb drive for import
on Jan 4, 2020 at 2:48:36 am

You're a genius Gump! ☺

Thank you BRAD!

I had heard of some things in Catalina that were problematic and I think I had a bias when I saw that I couldn't see files on a removable media.

But now, I'm so glad that it was a short between the headphones and not a problem with Catalina.

I really appreciate your help.

Don Smith
TexasTwoLane.com
DonSmith.me

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]