FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Stablization to clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cybil lake
Adding Stablization to clips
on Nov 23, 2019 at 8:04:57 pm

HI! I had lots of stabilization on my clips in my feature film. But I took all them out to give to color correction guy. Now I have a long video clip that has been color corrected and within that clip - are all my clips of the film. if I put stabilization on that entire clip will it fix/be able to read the individual clips to stabilize or do I have to chop up the long color corrected clip to make individual clips to use the stabilization on? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: Adding Stablization to clips
on Nov 24, 2019 at 1:18:04 am
Last Edited By Joe Marler on Nov 24, 2019 at 1:19:16 am

Your colorist exported a single file. If he used Resolve, you needed an XML export and media using a certain procedure (see below). That would hopefully give you clip boundaries in FCPX.

If it wasn't resolve or if it's not possible for him to re-export that, you will have to either manually do frame-accurate cuts on the timeline or else use scene detection software to automate this.

Resolve has scene detection and will try to cut each scene. It doesn't always work but it's adjustable. I think the free version has this. The stabilizer in Resolve is also significantly better than FCPX, so if you take it to Resolve you may as well stabilize it there.

Ripple Training FCPX/Resolve round trip:

Sam Mestman FCPX/Resolve round trip:

Resolve scene cut detection:

Return to posts index

cybil lake
Re: Adding Stablization to clips
on Nov 24, 2019 at 1:32:50 am

hi! okay thank you for your input - I will decide based on this. ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]