FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip in Timeline that is set at 100% scale is slightly zoomed in compared to view of same clip in Browser

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Connors
Clip in Timeline that is set at 100% scale is slightly zoomed in compared to view of same clip in Browser
on Nov 15, 2019 at 3:43:22 pm

Clip in Timeline that is set at 100% scale is slightly zoomed in compared to view of same clip in Browser.

Crop turned off; Distort turned off. Spatial conform set to Fit. Tried other Spatial Conform settings - no change.

Used CTL-V to look for any errant key frames: none.

Is this a known issue? Using Catalina (uh oh?) on 2018 MacBook Pro.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice or feedback.

Don Connors

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Clip in Timeline that is set at 100% scale is slightly zoomed in compared to view of same clip in Browser
on Nov 15, 2019 at 8:22:03 pm

I know you said you checked, but Spatial Conform is usually the culprit when something like that happens. Do the clip and timeline resolutions match?

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Don Connors
Re: Clip in Timeline that is set at 100% scale is slightly zoomed in compared to view of same clip in Browser
on Nov 16, 2019 at 7:04:16 am

Hi, Jeff. Thanks for your response.

Here's the crazy story:

I rec'd a finished video in 1080p 30fps 44.1Khz

Each shot was a cut, so I cut it down and made Compound clips of each shot

Brought them into a 1080p 23.98fps 48Khz TimeLine

All shots worked fine, except one that is scaled up a bit, but shows only 100% scaling in the Inspector.

I immediately tried the different settings for Spatial Conform - nothing changed at each setting.

I converted the Compound Clips back to regular clips - but the shot is still scaled up slightly, as if the FCPX system is remembering a possible change in scale that I may have done and then reversed.

Here's what I did to fix the issue:

I used the Inspector to move the Compound clip: x = +90, y = -35, scale = 90%

when I turned it back from being a Compound clip the new Transform held...

Whew!

Don

this is very weird as all clips came from the same piece of video and noe except one is affected by this problem.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Nov 16, 2019 at 6:46:50 pm

I get goofy results when I mix CC and Ken Burns in varying flows.
Not sure if that's in your setup.

Return to posts index

Don Connors
on Nov 18, 2019 at 9:39:18 am

Eric:

thanks for your reply - not my setup, but just as goofy results...

Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]