FORUMS: list search recent posts

where's the bars generator gone?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nicolas horne
where's the bars generator gone?
on Sep 25, 2019 at 10:54:52 pm

i was sure FCPX had a bars and tone generator??
in most european countries, a 100/0/100/0 bars (not SMPTE, not EBU) must be inserted. now i can't find it anywhere

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: where's the bars generator gone?
on Sep 26, 2019 at 7:56:02 pm

The bars and tone generator was one of those things that never made it to FCPX. Ripple training had a free replacement generator at one point.

Personally, I just got Resolve to generate the bars and tone as a clip and I bring that into FCPX as needed.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 30, 2019 at 8:49:43 pm

I imported my own as well and keep them in a couple of places; easiest might be to keep it with he "solids" under the Titler section.

Return to posts index

nicolas horne
on Oct 3, 2019 at 9:33:52 am

i actually found some clips in an old Desktop Video installer

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 4, 2019 at 3:40:49 pm

[Jeff Kirkland] "Personally, I just got Resolve to generate the bars and tone as a clip and I bring that into FCPX as needed."

Really? 😄 You could of course simply import whatever color bars you have into a Motion title project, save, done. With that, you'd have direct access to them in FCP forever. Simply apply the "Test Oscillator" filter to any random audio and you have your KHz (or whatever) tone to go with it. Certainly much easier and flexible than going out to Resolve of all things.

- RK

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Oct 4, 2019 at 6:55:15 pm

Yes, but I only have to generate the clip once, then reuse it whenever I need. I generated the master clip using Resolve because, well, why not? Resolve's a pretty handy tool to have around and it took less time to just generate the clip in that than trawling through the internet trying to find a plugin or something for FCPX, especially when I need 25p and most of the plugins are based on some other frame rate.

I've thought about making a Motion generator but so far sheer laziness has kept that from happening. ☺

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 4, 2019 at 7:34:17 pm

Yes, but I only have to generate the clip once, then reuse it whenever I need.

Ah. I mistook It to mean that you generated in Resolve each time you need it. My bad.

“... it took less time to just generate the clip in that than trawling through the internet trying to find a plugin or something for FCPX,“

Given the needed color bars, it would take me about 10 seconds to make the title/generator and have it available in FCP.

“... especially when I need 25p and most of the plugins are based on some other frame rate.”

Said title/generator, as with any title/generator, will adapt dynamically to both resolution and frame rate of the project that I’m using it in. Send me a link to an image of the color bars you need and I can make it for you to download.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]