FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyway to revive a clip corrupted in camera?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasey Gay
Anyway to revive a clip corrupted in camera?
on Aug 17, 2019 at 12:02:08 am

Hey team,

Just wanted to pick your brain and see if I could save myself a reshoot. The camera battery ran dead in the middle of a much beloved moment and the file is refusing to open on the computer now.

The file is there. It's 2.6 gigs worth of data. But the computer just refuses to open or acknowledge it. Anyway I can reprocess this or find a back door into the data that won't cost me beacoup monies?

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Anyway to revive a clip corrupted in camera?
on Aug 17, 2019 at 8:33:38 am

Have you tried ffmpeg? the reddit ffmpeg forum is a good resource. In my view, the issue is "did the camera write the file termination code?"

can the camera play the file?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Anyway to revive a clip corrupted in camera?
on Aug 19, 2019 at 2:28:01 pm

This happened to me a month or two ago, on a P2 camera, when the power got interrupted momentarily. The camera itself has a menu setting to recover and re-wrap the corrupted clip, which really isn't corrupted, it just has the metadata section disrupted.

Funny thing: the camera did manage to restore the clip, but it wouldn't export from the P2 card. I had to play it out of the camera in realtime via SDI, into my KiPro recorder, to get it out.

I was in such a panic that night, being on deadline, I went looking for software to fix the clip, and so I bought and downloaded Stellar Recovery... but never could get it to actually work. If any of you have used that and actually gotten it to function, I'd like to hear about it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]