FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam sync by "First Marker on the Angle"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yair Bartal
Multicam sync by "First Marker on the Angle"
on Aug 13, 2019 at 2:54:37 pm

Suppose I have one 3 minutes clip for angle 1 and two 1 minute clips for angle 2 and "Use audio for synchronization" doesn't work.
I can use sync by "First Marker on the Angle" plus using audio for sync.
However I guess I should put one marker on the long clip and on the first short clip only so that FCPX will not be confused.
In that case the second short clip is left to be synced by audio only and if that fails I can only try to sync it manually.
Is that so?

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Multicam sync by "First Marker on the Angle"
on Aug 19, 2019 at 8:13:50 pm

[Yair Bartal] "Suppose I have one 3 minutes clip for angle 1 and two 1 minute clips for angle 2 and "Use audio for synchronization" doesn't work."

Prior to creating Multicam clips, your very first step (after ingest/import) is to tell FCPX which clips belong to each camera angle...

Step 1: Select all the source clips for Camera A in the browser.

Step 2: Open the 'Info' tab in the inspector and change the metadata view to either General or Extended... fill in the 'Camera Angle' field (CamA).

Step 3: Select all of your Camera B clips in the browser, and set the Camera Angle field to CamB.

If you have sync audio (from another stand-alone audio recorder), do the same for those clips.

Step 4: Create new Multicam clips. Presto!

Setting the angles beforehand lets FCPX know that all of those related clips belong on the same 'track', and will probably fix your problem with audio sync.

Doug Metz

Dalton+Anode

Return to posts index

Yair Bartal
on Aug 22, 2019 at 12:26:29 pm

Thanks Doug,
I apologize if it was not clear, but I've already done all those prior steps before creating the multicam.
My question was: If sync by audio fails and I want to sync by 1st marker on the angle, it doesn't make sense to put a 1st marker on all three clips since the two short ones have the same angle.
So, how does FCPX go about syncing by the 1st marker in this case?

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Aug 22, 2019 at 1:53:23 pm

[Yair Bartal] "If sync by audio fails and I want to sync by 1st marker on the angle, it doesn't make sense to put a 1st marker on all three clips since the two short ones have the same angle.
So, how does FCPX go about syncing by the 1st marker in this case?"

In this case, you'd put a marker on CamA Clip 1, and CamB Clip 1 (no marker on CamB Clip 2), and create your Multicam clip with all 3. See where the third clip lands in the angle editor and adjust manually if necessary.

Doug Metz

Dalton Agency

Return to posts index

Yair Bartal
on Aug 22, 2019 at 2:00:24 pm

That’s what ן thought.
Thanks Doug.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]