FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
XDCam to FCPX
on Jul 23, 2019 at 6:38:01 pm

In the past I was able to use XDCam transfer to create Pro Res files that I could import into FCPX. After updating my old laptop to El Capitan, that no longer works.

I can import the footage into FCPX with no problem, but I'm confused as to where my footage will live. I prefer to leave the footage on an External hard drive.

My question is this. If I save the BPAV folder on my external drive, then import everything into the FCPX Library, can I still leave everything in place on my external drive? This way I don't bloat the library.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: XDCam to FCPX
on Jul 23, 2019 at 7:03:44 pm

Just do a stress test and see how it all goes.
Even with the updated OSX I am able to live with older codecs just as long as you have the right app to deal with them.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: XDCam to FCPX
on Jul 23, 2019 at 7:40:37 pm

[Greg Ball] "My question is this. If I save the BPAV folder on my external drive, then import everything into the FCPX Library, can I still leave everything in place on my external drive?"

You can set your library settings to put all imported or generated media into a specific location like an external drive. The pulldown on the first choice lets you pick a location.

Or you can choose to leave the media in place when you import new files.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]