FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting multi-audio channel C300 footage to use in Premiere

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eleanor church
Exporting multi-audio channel C300 footage to use in Premiere
on Apr 18, 2019 at 11:15:20 am

Hey,

I'd love some help with this... I've used Final Cut for years and carried on into FCPX. I have to work in Premiere for a new project though and having a problem with something.

I imported some C300 footage into FCPX. I don't have the original cards just what was imported into FCPX.

I tried importing this footage in Premiere but it only reads it as a single audio track - no video.

I exported the files from FCPX as Master Files (I realise this isn't ideal but...). When I import these into Premiere, the audio channels are mixed into one.

Is there a simple way to export the files without compression and without turning 4 audio tracks into 1?

I bought XtoCC to try exporting and converting XML but Premiere can't read that either.

Many thanks!

Eleanor

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Exporting multi-audio channel C300 footage to use in Premiere
on Apr 18, 2019 at 6:47:24 pm

[Eleanor church] "I imported some C300 footage into FCPX. I don't have the original cards just what was imported into FCPX.

I tried importing this footage in Premiere but it only reads it as a single audio track - no video. "

I has questions:
1. Did you re-wrap or transcode the footage prior to ingest?
2. Does everything look as it should inside FCPX, including number/config of audio channels?
3. Where are the files that you tried to import directly into PPr?
4. What versions for OS / FCPX?
5. Do you have VideoSpec or something similar? It's a small app that analyses media files and shows detailed information about tracks, encoding, container, bitrates, etc.

Doug Metz

Dalton+Anode

Return to posts index

Eleanor church
on Apr 18, 2019 at 6:55:06 pm

Hi Doug,

Thanks so much for your speedy response.

In answer to your questions:

I don't actually ingest it so I don't know. I think they just used the C300 plug-in for FCPX.

2. Does everything look as it should inside FCPX, including number/config of audio channels?
Yes, it does.

I tried importing the files saved in the FCPX "Original media" folder. That only showed as audio in PPr. I then exported them as Master Files and saved them in a different folder and here the video showed up but the audio didn't (I guess this is where I need to re-export them but do something to ensure the separate audio channels are conserved? Not sure of best way to do this).

4. What versions for OS / FCPX?

High Sierra - 10.13.6
FCPX 10.4.6

5. Do you have VideoSpec or something similar? It's a small app that analyses media files and shows detailed information about tracks, encoding, container, bitrates, etc.

No, I don't....

Thanks again for your help and any thoughts you might have.

Eleanor

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Apr 19, 2019 at 4:18:40 pm

[Eleanor church] "In answer to your questions:

I don't actually ingest it so I don't know. I think they just used the C300 plug-in for FCPX."

Just to be clear, we're talking about XDCAM with 4 audio channels, correct? I've got some C300 cards that have stereo audio, and none with 4 channels.

[Eleanor church] "2. Does everything look as it should inside FCPX, including number/config of audio channels?

Yes, it does.

I tried importing the files saved in the FCPX "Original media" folder. That only showed as audio in PPr. I then exported them as Master Files and saved them in a different folder and here the video showed up but the audio didn't (I guess this is where I need to re-export them but do something to ensure the separate audio channels are conserved? Not sure of best way to do this)."

If I'm not mistaken, PPr will write data to your source media after ingest, which could cause relinking issues in FCPX. I'm not 100% certain of this, but do recall others having problems related to non-matching file sizes / modification dates with their camera originals.

[Eleanor church] "4. What versions for OS / FCPX?

High Sierra - 10.13.6
FCPX 10.4.6

No, I don't...."

Check one of your source files with this, and maybe post a screen shot of the details. Could be a codec issue, or something to do with the way the files were transcoded:
http://videospec.free.fr/english/

Doug Metz

Dalton+Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]