FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Trouble with colours - Exported videos look green

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Marsh
FCPX Trouble with colours - Exported videos look green
on Apr 6, 2019 at 7:39:53 pm

I have been using final cut pro x for years now and never had an issue. All of a sudden I am having a huge issue with it.

I colour grade my footage to look perfect and export the file. When I watch it in quicktime it looks perfect. The colours match exactly.

When I open with VLC or any other player including web upload or even air-dropping to my iPhone (I presume also quicktime?) the video colours are completely out. They look darker with a green tint. What is going on here? I have never ever experienced this and now every video I try and export has the same result...

Using Macbook Pro 2013
Filmed on Panasonic Lumix G7 and Sony RX100 VA

Return to posts index

Jeff Feaz
Re: FCPX Trouble with colours - Exported videos look green
on Apr 7, 2019 at 1:03:03 am

Hey Dan,

I know this isn't advice for your problem specifically, but it's worth trying since it's a really odd issue.

I've had a couple weird FCPX problems that I couldn't find duplicates for online, and that nobody here had an answer for, that were fixed by creating a new user account on my Mac. Nothing else worked; not even deleting/reinstalling the app, updating, or deleting PLIST files. But a running the operation under new user account resolved them.

I mean, I'd wait a couple days to see if this is a known issue, but barring that...

Return to posts index

Dan Marsh
Re: FCPX Trouble with colours - Exported videos look green
on Apr 7, 2019 at 8:41:13 am

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for this advice, I will try this now. It has now got the point where I have tried everything and found no solution so it can’t hurt! I’ll report back!

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]