FORUMS: list search recent posts

Renaming & exporting clips in timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Townsend
Renaming & exporting clips in timeline
on Mar 20, 2019 at 5:59:48 pm

Searches have only come up with Davinci Resolve batch export solutions. Just want to confirm there's still no way to do this within FCPX....

I need to rename clips already in my timeline, then export those individual clips with the renamed filename. So far when I rename clips in the timeline through Index, then export individual clip, it doesn't transfer the new filename. Am I missing something simple setting?

Also, I've tried to apply the "Apply Custom name" preset to batch rename clips, but it greys out the presets when I try to rename directly in the timeline. Can you only use this feature renaming in the Browser?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Renaming & exporting clips in timeline
on Mar 20, 2019 at 6:38:23 pm

I don’t think you’re missing anything. As far as I know, there’s no way to do what you’re trying to do inside Final Cut. Maybe one of the third party exporters could but I can’t think of one off the top of my head.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

David Townsend
Re: Renaming & exporting clips in timeline
on Mar 20, 2019 at 7:11:41 pm

Thanks Jeff - And do you know if you can only use the Apply Custom Name preset to clips in the browser? I need to apply names to the clips in the timeline.

Still using a dinosaur of a computer, and it looks like my graphics driver doesn't support Davinci Resolve. That makes things more time consuming and the reason I'm trying to find a fix within fcpx.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]