FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export FCPX titles to SRT file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel Montesano
How to export FCPX titles to SRT file
on Feb 15, 2019 at 5:52:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to migrate very big FCPX projects to Premiere Pro. I found multiple solutions for audio and video, passing through DaVinci, but the real problems are titles.
In the original projects in FCPX I've hours and hours of subtitled footage. Subtitles were done with basic titles over video in an old version of Final Cut.
Obviously these titles can't move, because the footage is in African languages that I don't understand, and english subs are crucial to edit the documentary.

Since now, I found the X-Title Extractor done by Andreas Kiel, that works fine, but only for the first 25 titles, and then it stops. [I already wrote an email to Andreas hoping to find a solution, if there are some news, I'll let you know!]
This would be the perfect software to convert everything in .srt, but for now I have this limitation.

Do anyone know another way to get these titles from FCPX to Premiere Pro? Possibly, in a precise and quick way. We have something like 15 hours of subtitled footage, divided in 3 different documentaries. It could take a while to write them again...

Thanks,

Manuel

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: How to export FCPX titles to SRT file
on Feb 15, 2019 at 9:08:50 pm

Hello Manuel,

I must have missed your email.
X-Title stops at 25 titles in it's free version. Once you made a donation there is no limitation.

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

Manuel Montesano
Re: How to export FCPX titles to SRT file
on Feb 16, 2019 at 8:50:32 am

Hi Andreas,

thank you very much for your answer, I didn't understand that from your site initially - that's my fault, working on a hurry isn't the best thing.
By the way, I want to really thank you for that software, it's saving my life (and a lot of time and money for our work!!).

Bye! ☺

Manuel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]