FORUMS: list search recent posts

A problem with export multiple audio roles to Compressor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrey Komarov
A problem with export multiple audio roles to Compressor
on Jan 19, 2019 at 7:01:35 pm

Hello everyone! I apologize in advance if I asked the question in the wrong place, but I'm new here and not fully accustomed.

I would be glad if you could help me understand the situation. I import to FCPX a mp4 files with several sound tracks inside the file. (For example, I can change them in VLC player when viewed as tracks with different languages.) They are displayed in FCPX and after I finished editing, I can export the mov file using the standard share tool of the program, specifying the export settings «Multitrack Quicktime movie» in roles tab. The final file is obtained in the way I need it: with several audio tracks, that i can change like before.

But the problem begins when I want to send the project to the Сompressor to use the extended export settings. In Compressor I could not save several audio roles in the file. Choosing any export format in which there is a function «Enable audio-pass through» in the Audio tab, I cannot use it because it is always not active to to pressing. What can I do wrong?

Conducting experiments, the only strange decision that I have found so far is the export uncompressed Prores file and this file has already been sent directly from the Finder to the Compressor. Then I can activate «Enable audio-pass through» and everything is ok, but this method «slightly» uncomfortable and illogical i think ☺

Please help me, what can I do wrong in the FCPX or Compressor!

FCPX 10.4.4

Compressor 4.4.3

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: A problem with export multiple audio roles to Compressor
on Jan 20, 2019 at 1:09:04 am

What kind of file are you trying to compress?

Return to posts index

Andrey Komarov
on Jan 20, 2019 at 10:12:06 am

Jeremy, it is mp4 in original. After edit in FCPX, I use "send to compressor" and try to get mov or m4v through regular compressor presets.

I can get the desired result only if I export the uncompressed material directly from FCPX to the Finder, and only then I drag the resulting file to the Compressor. in this case, it works and Compressor allows me to save multiple audio roles.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 20, 2019 at 5:48:48 pm

So you are trying to export a multichannel mp4 from fcpx to compressor and keep the roles as you have set them up. Is that right?

Why not export an mp4 straight from fcpx? Do you need specific encoding parameters for the mp4 Besides the multichannel audio?

Return to posts index

Andrey Komarov
on Jan 21, 2019 at 10:56:27 am

Jeremy, you are right!

And yes, when i choose "share" (Master File Default) from FCPX, the resulting file is very different from the original: sometimes the quality of the image is either worse (Like the web publishing mode), or the file takes up too much space. I do not know why this is so.

For this reason, I use Compressor, because I can adjust the quality/bitrate correctly. In FCPX export settings I do not see such possibilities.

Maybe I missed something?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 21, 2019 at 7:05:04 pm

Unfortunately, the only way to get this done is to export a Master File from FCPX, and then set to audio pass through in Compressor (like you have found out).

If you can live with the settings from FCPX (mp4 or compressed h264 mov), then you can export directly from FCPX with the Roles you desire.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Andrey Komarov
on Jan 22, 2019 at 2:21:13 pm

Roger that! It is a pity that this is the only way out of the situation. But thank you very much, Jeremy, for your help and advice.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Leitner
on Feb 4, 2019 at 10:07:24 am

apple strategically spanned certain functionalities over various apps to keep prices low for beginners. so getting compressor together with fcpX is vital if you want more options. also keep in mind that you can use any compressor setting (also the ones you custom made) as an export preset in fcpX, so that should solve your issue, no?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]