FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace audio in fcpX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
guy crossman
Replace audio in fcpX
on Dec 16, 2018 at 1:38:02 pm

I have some guide audio of an interview, which is watermarked and can't be used. I have now received the clean master and need to replace the guide. I would like to avoid doing it cut by cut. I was thinking to check that the timecodes match and then try and fool the fcpx in to relinking to the master., I guess by changing the name on the master to match as well. What does anybody think of my chances? Thanks Guy Crossman

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Replace audio in fcpX
on Dec 17, 2018 at 1:32:31 pm

I'd say your chances are close to zero. FCP X is super picky about replacing media. I wish they had a less picky option where it could warn you that things might go awry, but do you want to try it anyways? And have the option of replacing with relative instead of absolute timecode. But no. No such option exists.

Make sure the length, file size, bit-rate, sample-rate, filename is identical. Then you can give it a shot.

Return to posts index

guy crossman
on Dec 17, 2018 at 1:40:09 pm

Thanks Brett, thought that might be the case, that's why I asked before I started deleting stuff. Damn!! Thanks anyway - at least you've saved me from having nothing at all! Cheers Guy

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Dec 17, 2018 at 3:16:43 pm

Why not create a master sync file?
Or is the new audio that much different?

Return to posts index

guy crossman
on Dec 17, 2018 at 3:25:13 pm

Thanks for that Eric. Not sure it'll work for me, I should have been clearer in my original post, It's an audio only interview, and I've cut the guide in to my programme- unfortunately, with dozens of cuts! I'm trying to avoid doing them all again. So I haven't got anything to sync it to- is that what you meant? Thanks for your help Guy

Return to posts index

Chad Greene
on Dec 17, 2018 at 3:42:43 pm

Just spit-balling here with out testing... could you right+click on the temp audio and open it and sync your new audio inside it?

Chad Greene : Mahoney Media : Minneapolis, Minnesota : 2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB Ram, OS 10.11 FCPX, Kona-LHi

Return to posts index

guy crossman
on Dec 17, 2018 at 3:48:30 pm

Hey Chad- That sounds ingenious- opened out the guide fine, trying to work out how to embed the master into it, but will stick at it, Many thanks Guy

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Dec 17, 2018 at 3:55:07 pm

[Chad Greene] "Just spit-balling here with out testing... could you right+click on the temp audio and open it and sync your new audio inside it?"

That's my other workflow as well.
Sorry I have a few ways but need to go over my notes from past projects to explain.
Nowhere near that at the moment.

Return to posts index

guy crossman
on Dec 18, 2018 at 1:08:22 pm

Well thanks anyway, got me thinking, Cheers Guy

Return to posts index

Rich Newman
on Dec 19, 2018 at 3:46:59 pm

This may be helpful for future circumstances. It works for music so I assume it would work for dialogue.

Rich Newman
Disney University Production Services
Training Media Producer/Videographer/Editor

Return to posts index

guy crossman
on Dec 19, 2018 at 3:58:39 pm

Fantastic! Thanks Rich exactly what I need, brilliant work around Thanks again Guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]