FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Skip on Some Tapes (Possible Timecode Issue)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Cannon
Importing Skip on Some Tapes (Possible Timecode Issue)
on Dec 14, 2018 at 8:45:30 am

Dear All,

Ever have one of those nights where you start holding yourself back from tears of frustration? I'm having one.

So here's the situation that I've got. I have my old Sony VX2100 hooked up to my MacBook Pro (10.13.6), and I'm trying to digitize some old DV tapes. I'm new to Final Cut Pro X, though I used FCP7 for many many years until I upgraded to a new OS, and discovered that FCP7 was no longer an option, so I had to get FCPX. So, a lot of the settings are unfamiliar to me and I don't know where to find options that I used to know how to change. Back to the DV tapes: I have the Sony VX2100 connected through firewire into the computer so that the camera is controlled by Final Cut Pro X. I click "IMPORT" and everything seems to be going fine, but I'm having two slight problems and a concern:

A. FCPX seems to create a whole new video file every time there's a timecode break. I guess that's not a problem, but it might be easier if it was all one big file. Any thoughts on what I should do, here? Leave it as multiples or combine? If I should combine, where is the setting for that?

B. (The big problem): I have a tape that plays fine in the camera, but when I import it, the file seems to freeze on certain frames. I suspect that it's probably a timecode problem on the tape, and the program is thinking there's some sort of error, so it freezes on that frame. Meanwhile, the camera is just plowing ahead, and the monitor on the camera displays a smooth video. Please help me on this!

C. Concern: It looks like the default resolution is ProRes 422 for these files, but I can't seem to find the options to alter that. Can anyone point me to the area to change it?

Thanks so much for your help!

Robert Cannon
30-LoveFilm.com
AntiwavePodcast.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]