FORUMS: list search recent posts

How come Final Cut won't recognize RGB and alpha transparency from video rendered in Aftereffects?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
How come Final Cut won't recognize RGB and alpha transparency from video rendered in Aftereffects?
on Dec 13, 2018 at 1:05:21 am

I made an animation in Aftereffects to be exported and brought into FinalCut to be used as a layover on top of my video. (just a little animation that plays over top of the video I've already loaded into Final Cut.) I exported RGB + Alpha in Aftereffects so that the background would have empty pixels and my video clip would be transparent except for the animated content. However, when I loaded it into FinalCut, the background was black and not transparent. I tried loading it into AE, and it showed up transparent like it's supposed to. Why doesn't FinalCut recognize RGB and Alpha and allow empty pixels to be transparent?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: How come Final Cut won't recognize RGB and alpha transparency from video rendered in Aftereffects?
on Dec 13, 2018 at 2:12:47 am

Have you tried changing the Alpha Handling settings in the info panel?

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Hilary Tsai
Re: How come Final Cut won't recognize RGB and alpha transparency from video rendered in Aftereffects?
on Dec 22, 2018 at 4:00:48 am

Thank you, Jeff and everyone!

It turned out the alpha handling settings were not correct. I adjusted it and it worked. I appreciate all the helpful advice and am keeping it in mind for the future.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 13, 2018 at 2:51:33 am

What version of Ae?

V16 has a bug that alphas weren’t rendered. An update was released a day or two ago.

Other than that, try changing the alpha type as Jeff suggests.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Dec 14, 2018 at 1:29:57 am

Also bear in mind that the file you render out to has to support Alpha Channel. ProRes422 does not. ProRes4444 is the only current one that does.

Return to posts index

Robert Olding
on Dec 14, 2018 at 11:52:12 pm

Put it above the primary timeline. We do this everyday. In the primary timeline, add a generator, stretch it out as long as far as you need, fill it with any color, (we typically use white) then place the clip with the Alpha channel above it as a connected clip.

Robert Olding

Studio Eight | Director of Photography
http://www.studioeightmn.com
Minneapolis, MN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]