FORUMS: list search recent posts

Attack of the Phantom Sound Effect

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasey Gay
Attack of the Phantom Sound Effect
on Dec 12, 2018 at 11:40:47 am

Hey guys,

So I've just encountered a weird issue. I've got a stud effect hidden somewhere in my mix that I can't for the life of me find.

I'm out on a lake and I dropped the sound of a bird calling, but it's comically too loud and now I can't find it again. I've opened and closed final cut. Grown and shrank the size of the timeline. And literally, I just can't SEE the damned sound effect on my time line.

I've dragged my cursor across the entire area and hit 'V' to deactivate all the clips and the damned bird still cries out--even though everything else shuts off.

I've looked inside my compound clips to see if I accidentally tucked it away in there and no luck. The only thing I've found is that I can solo audio for specific clips and it won't show up.

Anyone else experienced a disembodied sound effect they can't track down or suggestions for how to purge this thing?! Haha

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Attack of the Phantom Sound Effect
on Dec 12, 2018 at 1:25:58 pm

Try deleting the render files for that Project.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Dec 12, 2018 at 1:55:11 pm

Also see if you can find it in the timeline index. Occasionally I'll get a ghost clip that's just not visible.

Return to posts index

Kasey Gay
on Dec 13, 2018 at 12:40:31 am

Haha. Thanks guys!
I was so baffled. I found it in the index in an instant. I'd just... ummm... never used the index before.

Thanks for the learning!

Return to posts index

Lawrence Eaton
on Dec 13, 2018 at 12:53:10 am

This may sound a little obvious, ergo please forgive for asking: have you by any chance formed a compound clip by mistake?

Lawrence

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]