FORUMS: list search recent posts

Soft Focus During Time Lapse

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Fenley,
Soft Focus During Time Lapse
on Dec 10, 2018 at 9:47:45 pm

Focus on individual frames look great but when played back at normal speed they look slightly blurry.

Return to posts index

Paul Golden
Re: Soft Focus During Time Lapse
on Dec 10, 2018 at 10:05:30 pm

1) Are your settings on Better Performance or Better Quality? If It's Better Performance, then it will be soft during playback and sharp on hold.

2) Did you try rendering out the sequence and re-importing?

Return to posts index

Ron Fenley,
on Dec 10, 2018 at 11:23:29 pm

Its set for better quality. You did call it... frame by frame or if I just push the right arrow the focus holds perfect. I hit play and it looks soft even on solid not moving bg shots. Will try to re-import and re-render next. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 10, 2018 at 11:34:42 pm

Before Reimporting, try rendering. Select the clips, and hit control-r to "render selection".

Return to posts index

Ron Fenley,
on Dec 11, 2018 at 1:35:54 am

No it still looks ok. Not as good as some of the stuff I've seen on youtube. Especially Griffith the Panasonic GH5 Guy.
Images are there. Just look a little soft compared to each still that I am holding for 1 second.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Dec 11, 2018 at 5:50:00 pm

What is the defined frame size of your project? Is the frame size scaled down and is the scale down reduction an integer? Photo stills often have native frame sizes that are not even multiples of video frame sizes - so you could have a photo still that is 4000 px X 3000 px - just picking numbers out of the air. There is no way to reduce that frame size to 1920x1080 by scaling with a whole number factor which results in some interpololation.

Can you do a quick test setting a project to the exact frame dimensions of your stills and see if that makes a difference?

Return to posts index

Ron Fenley,
on Jan 29, 2019 at 11:31:04 pm

Good call! Thank you Mark!!

Return to posts index

Ron Fenley,
on Jan 29, 2019 at 11:34:17 pm

Good call. Thank you Mark!

Return to posts index

Ron Fenley,