FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost audio on import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasey Gay
Lost audio on import
on Nov 19, 2018 at 2:22:39 pm

Hey team,

Sorry if this is a standard question but I’ve run searches here and abroad and haven’t found any solutions that solved a problem so far.

Essentially I’m trying to import a movie clip into fcpx. Clips are originally in MKV. Converted to M4v using VLC player and imported in FCPX.

Clips came fine but the audio isn’t coming with. (Audio is fine if I play the same file in QuickTime or VLC)

The standard advice is to go into preferences > import > deselect all options regarding “removing silent channels” ect.

I’ve run through the standard solutions but am still not finding a way to reaches the audio in FCPX. Any other knobs or levers to throw that’ll let me get my sound back?

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Joby Anthony Jr
Re: Lost audio on import
on Nov 20, 2018 at 2:25:17 pm

No direct experience with this issue, but found this forum thread kicking around some solutions. Seems to be related to the VLC audio settings. Though the thread starts in 2012, there's a 2018 post at the end that continues to contribute to the troubleshooting ideas. Maybe something in there will help.

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=100427

-- Joby.

Return to posts index

Glenn Payne
Re: Lost audio on import
on Nov 21, 2018 at 6:05:49 pm

I was going to mention the "remove silent channels" option and the two or three around it. I had them selected a couple days ago and they deleted all my audio on import (camera audio anyway). Upon re-importing without them selected the audio was there.

Sorry I don't have a better answer. Do you have any other audio options checked?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]