FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I remove ALL color tags from FCP X without removing or changing the color tags from the Finder?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Levy
How can I remove ALL color tags from FCP X without removing or changing the color tags from the Finder?
on Oct 19, 2018 at 7:18:14 pm

Short Version:
How can I remove ALL color tags from within FCP X without removing or changing the color tags from the Finder?
I also have various text ‘Keywords’ in the Finder tags, which I do plan to use for FCP X organizing purposes.

Longer Version:
When I imported the first batch of files, they were imported into FCP X with ‘keyword tags’ with every color from the Finder tags rather than the ‘Text Tags’ I spent so much time entering and organizing. I have no use for color 'tags' in FCP X, though use 'color tags' for other purposes.

Unlike the traditional source-file-organizing process of editing a film, commercial or music video, where a project (or timeline/sequence) is from one main source, I’m pulling media from 30 TB of external-drive-sources to edit multiple ’Demo Reels’ of my work. The content consists of video, stills, 3D models, 3D animations, sketches, drawings, blueprints, etc., and color-coded (tagged) the various files and folders for my own (non-edit related) purposes/references.

The color tags reference client category, good or bad color-rating for a ‘reel’, type of project, etc. I don’t want to deselect or change every color tag from every file in the Finder, as there are thousands of color tags in the various files and drives.

Is there a method of only using FCP X to remove all color tags before, during or after the files are imported?

I’m using FCP X v10.4.3 on macOS High Sierra and source files from multiple external USB 3.0, Thunderbolt and FW800 drives.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How can I remove ALL color tags from FCP X without removing or changing the color tags from the Finder?
on Oct 20, 2018 at 12:40:41 pm

Just delete the keywords out of FCPX. It won’t effect the Finder.

Or delete all the footage out of the library, turn off the create keyword from finder tags option, and reimport.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]