FORUMS: list search recent posts

muted tracks in lpx from fcpxml

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyrina Bluerose
muted tracks in lpx from fcpxml
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:15:56 pm

Forgive what may be a slew of noob-Q's coming from me; I don't always know the correct terminology to use for searching. I DO try to figure it out on my own and with the help of the internets before posting so not to waste anyone's time, but I do get stuck a lot and sometimes even float away on the puddle of frustration tears on my desk.

Most of my audio tracks are muted when I import XML to LPX. No, the mute buttons are not pressed, there are no solo buttons pressed; the regions are visible, but simply greyed out. I've saved it every which way, I've opened it every which way and can't hit upon the magick combination. The video is also "wrong". Every time I open the xml, I get the "one or more retimed clips were imported without retiming being applied. The clips have been muted." I did an audio export, I've done a m4v export, I tried a general xml - same results every time. The video is also wrong and doesn't even play. I can import the m4v without audio and then all the tracks are heard, but only during playback. This is making trying to do a better audio mix and adding some layered guitars a little challenging.

Thoughts?
THANK YOU!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: muted tracks in lpx from fcpxml
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:28:04 pm

Can you send a screen grab of the FCPX timeline too?

Return to posts index

Kyrina Bluerose
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:33:50 pm

i assigned roles.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:39:37 pm

What happens if you turn the record option off on the bottom stack?

Return to posts index

Kyrina Bluerose
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:44:31 pm

nothing. It's the same even before I create that track.

Return to posts index

Kyrina Bluerose
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:45:04 pm

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:49:13 pm

Hmm. I am stumped on this one, but I am not a Logic expert.

I always use X2Pro to create an AAF that imports to Logic that I check before I send that AAF to a ProTools mixer.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:50:36 pm

Just checking you're running the most recent versions of both apps...

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Kyrina Bluerose
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:55:34 pm

F 10.3.1
L 10.3.0
High Sierra 10.13.6

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Sep 22, 2018 at 8:30:36 pm

You’re a full version behind on both apps and the exchange between them has improved between the 10.3 and 10.4 versions. My only suggestion has to be update to the current versions and see if the problem persists.

----

Return to posts index

Kyrina Bluerose
on Sep 24, 2018 at 2:47:34 am

Thanks, Jeff.
I'd like to do that, but until I can, I'll have to keep trying to find a workaround on this one. 😜

Return to posts index

Kyrina Bluerose
on Sep 24, 2018 at 4:33:17 am

Finally found a secret to unmute the tracks (not in the track list) but the tracks are all wrong.
What came into LPX was not what I edited in FCPX, but just the entire raw clips - or what I've deleted. I've done this a dozen different ways and am wasting all kinds of time getting nowhere. Not only can I not import the audio clips from the FCPX session into the music session I've got going in LPX, but I can't even import it into its own session accurately.

There is so much info on "how-to" export and import (with some conflicting messages, some instructions that do not correspond to what I see when I follow them) and none of what I am finding and following are working, and I am feeling more and more confused and frustrated. This seems like a very simple thing to do, but yet it's been a nightmare.

Does anyone export the audio tracks from FCPX into LPX for better editing and recording/adding music or is that just a stupid idea?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 24, 2018 at 9:44:46 am

As Jeff mentions, updating your software will help, but you can also try X2Pro to make an AAF and import that AAF to Logic:

https://x2pro.net

Return to posts index

Kyrina Bluerose
on Sep 24, 2018 at 11:41:11 am

Thank you.

I am really not sure why purchasing separate software is necessary or even logical to do something that has clear instructions on how to do between two apple products. That just seems unreasonable or even a plain old scam.

I wish I had money to throw at these problems but I don't. I can't understand why they don't work as they are supposed to - my versions are not that old. If this was a year or two ago, they would be brand new and having the exact same problem. What did people do way back then? Every single thing I have tried to do tonight has not worked, wasted time, not resulted in any learning or progress, and everything I looked up in "how-to" videos or instructions doesn't produce the same results. I feel extremely frustrated and am on the verge of quitting both of these programs.

The latest problem is that exporting XML from LPX and importing to FCPX is consistently missing half the tracks. I have so had it. 😥

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 24, 2018 at 6:26:41 pm

Paid software is an option.

Otherwise, the app updates you can download for free.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Sep 24, 2018 at 8:31:18 pm

Logic’s ability to import FCPX XML is a work in progress and improves with every update but a year ago it was buggy. In the current version of the software, it still has its issues but works much better. X2pro on the other hand, is software dedicated to getting FCPX audio into a format that any Pro Tools compatible DAW should be able to read and has been doing it a lot longer than Logic has, giving it an advantage over the basic import built into Logic.

As Jeremy says, the updates for both Logic and FCPX are free and give you many more useful features than just improved XML handling - so if sending audio to Logic is important, updating seems like a no-brainer.

----

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]