FORUMS: list search recent posts

going off edge of frame during move on photo

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Sherman
going off edge of frame during move on photo
on Sep 20, 2018 at 5:17:28 pm

I'm zooming in a photograph towards a person in the extreme right side of frame standing at Niagara Falls. It holds for a beat on her then moves away from her to the left and in towards the falls. As it gets near her, the edge of the photo is revealed with excess to her right.

Here's what I do:
1. zoom in on photo until it fills the frame
2. open Show Video Animation
3. place cursor on first frame and click Position and Scale to light up yellow diamonds
4. move cursor to where I want zoom to hold, add Position marker, open Transform and move frame to where I want to land. Press Done. Note: the edge of the photo is out of frame.
5. move cursor to end of clip, where I want it to land.
6. Open Transform, move photo to where I want it to land, press Done. Note: edge of photo is not visible.
All seems right until I play the clip. In the middle the edge of frame becomes visible.

Here's a link to the video move: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f7s8u0hvzvh3ql/Carol%20photo%20move.mov?dl=0
This is a screen grab of the Video Animation settings

thank you

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: going off edge of frame during move on photo
on Sep 20, 2018 at 9:10:26 pm

In the inspector, hit shift -t to bring up the transform controls, and right click on the keyframes (arrows) and change the interpolation from "smooth" to "linear".

Return to posts index

Roger Sherman
on Sep 25, 2018 at 9:26:37 pm

Thanks I'll try it.

Return to posts index

Roger Sherman
on Sep 26, 2018 at 3:30:48 pm

Clearly, I'm not doing it properly. I open Inspector. Hit Shift T to open Transform tool. When I right click the keyframes on either the Show Animation the only choice is Delete. In Inspector nothing happens.

I did see a YouTube video where a Keyframe was shown in the image Viewing frame and right clicking showed Smooth, Linear choices, but mine doesn't have a keyframe in the image. thanks for clarifying.

I'd also like the zoom to hold for a beat before moving away from Carol and going into the falls. I thought Option K woud add a keyframe but it doesn't. Adding keyframe from Position, Scale All, Anchor does nothing.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 26, 2018 at 3:36:10 pm

With your clip selected and transform tool on, can you take a screen grab of your viewer?

Return to posts index

Roger Sherman
on Sep 26, 2018 at 3:52:21 pm

Of course when the doctor is in, right clicking did show the choices and I switched to Linear.
Moving off the frame is fixed but as it switches from the zoom into Carol to the zoom and move away from her, it jerks. How to make that smoother, no jerk.

Thanks so much Jeremy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]