FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to achieve those fast text flashing effects in FCPX ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Soumendra Jena
How to achieve those fast text flashing effects in FCPX ?
on Aug 27, 2018 at 10:50:44 am

Do you know any ready made FCPX plugin, which does such fast text flashing effects ?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How to achieve those fast text flashing effects in FCPX ?
on Aug 27, 2018 at 1:13:27 pm

I don' t think these flash, they are just very short titles, one right after another.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Aug 27, 2018 at 1:14:05 pm
Last Edited By Steve Connor on Aug 27, 2018 at 1:16:56 pm

That doesn't need a plug-in, it's just single lines of overlay text cut quickly to the voiceover.

Return to posts index

Rikki Blow
on Aug 27, 2018 at 1:55:10 pm

i agree it's fairly easy to do, but i could see that if you wanted a fair amount of it, it's quite tedious and time-consuming, and there could be a way a well-designed plug-in could make it breeze.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Aug 27, 2018 at 2:04:24 pm

[Rikki Blow] "i agree it's fairly easy to do, but i could see that if you wanted a fair amount of it, it's quite tedious and time-consuming, and there could be a way a well-designed plug-in could make it breeze."

Yes, but if you're having to time it to VO then that would have to be a manual process anyway even if you can make a template to input the text (which I'm sure isn't difficult) Whenever I've had to do this I just create one title across the length of the sequence and then blade it at the cue points, then it's just click each clip and type the text in the inspector, which you'd have to do even in a plugin.

Return to posts index

Rikki Blow
on Aug 27, 2018 at 3:43:08 pm

i'm imagining (fantasising?) a plug-in applied to a single adjustment layer and then type the whole of the VO into a text field in the plug-in, and use maybe a keystroke to mark the points at which each next word should appear. these could then appear as 'next word' control points for any later timing adjustments.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 27, 2018 at 4:50:20 pm

There’s a built in text template called Typewriter that can reveal words by the word.

It’s not very easy to use.

Typically what I do is type out a whole sentence, stretch the title out over the pertinent length, then cut where it needs to be cut to follow the VO. Then I simply delete all the words that I don’t need out of each title. This allows me to keep track of all the words, and keeps typing to a minimum.

Also, I saw this, but I don't think it's going to be controllable enough, even with keyframing the rate:

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
on Aug 27, 2018 at 4:52:31 pm

You might try my X-Title Importer.

Type the "sentence" word by word, each word delimitre by a double-return:

One

Two

Three

Open the app. In "Preferences" go "Marker & Chapter Setup", enter 20 for "Reading Speed" and 0 for "Min. Duration".
In the main window select "FCPX Titles" and one of the "10.1 Textup Regular..." templates matching your frame rate.
Set "Conversion Options" to "Template"
Under menu "File" select "Open other..." -> "Untimed Text"
Save the XML and import into FCPx.

The free version allows 50 "words", so you might to split the text.
Good luck.

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]