Stomping out gotchas

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Stomping out gotchas
on Aug 14, 2018 at 3:22:17 pm
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Aug 14, 2018 at 3:23:48 pm

I could be missing something, but...

1. Is there a way to get FCPX to automatically sort alphanumerically in the various browsers, without having to manually force a sort?

2. Is there a way to completely get rid of the "This is about" and creator info in the Share menu? Leaving them blank doesn't work.

3. Is there a way to always have FCPX reflect the correct project name in the Share menu? When you change the project name in the browser or metadata pane, it does not automatically also update the name used in the Share menu.

4. Is there a way to break apart or "flatten" multicam clips?

Item 2 and 3 used to be correctable after the fact in QT Player Pro, but many Macs can no longer run that app.

Thanks.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Stomping out gotchas
on Aug 14, 2018 at 3:33:28 pm

[Oliver Peters] "3. Is there a way to always have FCPX reflect the correct project name in the Share menu? When you change the project name in the browser or metadata pane, it does not automatically also update the name used in the Share menu."

No. It seems to remember the last name from the most recent export. So if you have "Project A Rev01" and do an export of a still frame and call that export "Freeze Frame", then you change the project name to "Project A Rev02", when you export the name will be "Freeze Frame". This is a real nuisance.

[Oliver Peters] "4. Is there a way to break apart or "flatten" multicam clips?"

In FCPX? No. This is desperately needed. As a workaround you can try exporting a FCPXML to Resolve, flatten them there, then export a new FCPXML and import that. I haven't tried it, but it might work. At the very least you could use Resolve to create a flattened timeline and render it out with handles.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 14, 2018 at 4:39:14 pm

Thanks.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Aug 14, 2018 at 8:31:08 pm

[Michael Hancock] "[Oliver Peters] "4. Is there a way to break apart or "flatten" multicam clips?"

In FCPX? No. This is desperately needed."

God yes. One of my biggest complaints. I do a lot of cuts where I have to affect the speed of the clip. Only you can't utilize Optical Flow with a multiclip. So each time I need to make a speed change, I have to match frame to the multiclip, memorize the TC of the clip I want, find that original clip in the browser, type in the memorized TC, and replace edit or drop it above my multiclip before adjusting the speed just so I can use Optical Flow.

We need FLATTEN MULTICLIP and MULTI-LEVEL MATCHFRAME for FCPX.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 16, 2018 at 2:30:05 pm

Don't know if this can help for sure, but Larry Jordan recently posted how you can create a blank adjustment layer in Motion as a template, bring that into FCPX, lay it over/connect it to your clip (in this case the stacked multiclip) and affect everything connected to it in one step, by loading the desired effects into just the adjustment layer.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 14, 2018 at 7:21:15 pm

[Oliver Peters] "3. Is there a way to always have FCPX reflect the correct project name in the Share menu? When you change the project name in the browser or metadata pane, it does not automatically also update the name used in the Share menu."

Yes.

Select the Project, open the inspector and find the share prefs (looks like 3 arrows pointing up). Change the Name field to Name and you should see it auto fill with a name parameter (blue text bubble).

You can also delete anything else out of other fields and it will remain blank. You can save this view as a default. But as you see, if you rename the export in the share window it changes. The trick is to make the export after the share window (where you choose the destination in the finder). So File > Share > Choose settings and hit “ok” or whatever the blue box says, then the finder window opens. At that point you can make the file and it will not change future share window exports. Hope that makes sense.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 14, 2018 at 7:45:00 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Select the Project, open the inspector and find the share prefs (looks like 3 arrows pointing up). Change the Name field to Name and you should see it auto fill with a name parameter (blue text bubble). "

Cool. That worked. Thanks.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Aug 14, 2018 at 9:43:05 pm

This is niiiiiiice. Looks like you can string Name and Notes and a few other things together too.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 15, 2018 at 1:57:11 am

[Michael Hancock] "This is niiiiiiice. Looks like you can string Name and Notes and a few other things together too."

Yes, as well as any tags that you want to keep instead of all of them. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]