FORUMS: list search recent posts

Go To Libraries command - odd functionality?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Woodhead
Go To Libraries command - odd functionality?
on Aug 1, 2018 at 1:31:46 pm

Don't know when this crept into X, but for a while I've been unable to simply use ⌘-1 to jump to current visible clip in the library and hit play. It seems focus has shifted to library window, but not to the extent to be able to use play commands. If I use any other command following ⌘-1, like arrow down to next clip or just shift-I (sometimes, other times that doesn't work either), then the clip gets "full focus" and play commands work. But that's a PIA as often I don't want the playhead to move from its' current location in the library clip, so shift-I (et al) is a fail. Result is the same regardless of the visibility of the Sidebar, Inspector, etc. Turned off trackpad/mouse utility app MagicPrefs.

Any thoughts as to why the Go To Libraries (⌘-1) function is not bringing "focus" to the current clip in the library browser?

Signed,
"I lIke to Keep my Fingers on the Keyboard"

"Constituo, ergo sum"

Bob Woodhead / Atlanta
CMX-Quantel-Avid-Premiere-FCPX-AFX-Crayola
"What a long strange trip it's been...."

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Go To Libraries command - odd functionality?
on Aug 1, 2018 at 5:08:47 pm

I've been battling this same issue. It really kills your flow when you're editing!

I've found that most of the time I can hit Cmd+1 to go to the library browser, then hit Tab and that will activate the browser window and select the clip in the browser. It doesn't work every time, but it does most of the time.

It's very frustrating. Please submit a bug report.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: Go To Libraries command - odd functionality?
on Aug 3, 2018 at 1:26:53 pm

Same here. Must be a bug.

Scott

Scott Witthaus
Visual Storyteller - FCPX, Premiere
https://vimeo.com/channels/1322525
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]