FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advance search in timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Chemi Ferreiro
Advance search in timeline
on Jul 19, 2018 at 11:24:10 am

Hello everyone!
I'm trying to come up with a formula to search for clips with certain criteria within the 'timeline' (project)

For example: I'm trying to create a list of all clips that have been SCALED, RETIMED or REFRAMED to pass it on to the DCP lab for processing my film...

Any ideas other than manually going through the entire timeline taking notes?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Advance search in timeline
on Jul 19, 2018 at 1:40:39 pm

This might help:

https://intelligentassistance.com/producer-s-best-friend.html

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 19, 2018 at 5:14:04 pm

I think a good way to do this woudl be to add a subrole to the clips that you need to process.

No matter the master role, you could add a subrole under that master role. Let's say that Subrole is "Special_Process".

So, under each master Role (like Video, VFX, etc) you'd make a subrole called "Special_Process".

Then you could search for the word "Special_Process" under the clips menu in the timeline index and it would return all the clips that had that Subrole.

From that list, you could select them, if you'd like, or screen grab the filenames, or do anything else you may need to do.

So yes, you'd have to go through and find each clip, but it would make any future edits/changes much easier. You'd have to remember to set the subrole when you add clips to the timeline, though.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chemi Ferreiro
on Jul 19, 2018 at 5:27:35 pm

Thanks a lot!!! I'll be putting these tips under test tomorrow and will report back...

Return to posts index

Tony West
on Jul 20, 2018 at 3:46:21 am

You could also type "Retime" into the notes in the inspector and that would come up in clips in the index also, but you would still need to go through and make those notes. I can't see it taking that long to do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]