FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transition animation for FCPX / Motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bonnie Choi
Transition animation for FCPX / Motion 5
on Jul 18, 2018 at 3:31:04 pm

Hello,

I would like to create exit text / transition animation similar look like this : 4"-5" Especially, when text off the screen from "without a flash" moves. Reference link is here:

https://www.apple.com/iphone/photography-how-to/?videoid=without-flash#with...

If there is any behaviors I can use on Motion 5 / FCPX, can anybody advise? Or, if there is any way to create similar way, could you please explain for me?

Thank you in advance!
Bon

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Transition animation for FCPX / Motion 5
on Jul 18, 2018 at 6:38:37 pm

Hey Bon.

This can be done fairly easily as a text effect but to get it so it's usable in different situations might take a little work. Here's a render of the effect as I built it:

Text transition test

Here's how I did it:

Create a new text effect project.
Pull the text layer into it's own group. Call the group, Text Move.
Rename the text layer, Text Mask. Trim it to the length of your transition.
Clone the text layer. Rename the clone, Text Color.
Create a new group above all the other groups. Call it, BKG.
Inside BKG, create a black solid. Trim it to the same length as your text layer.
Add an image mask to the color solid and invert the mask in the inspector. Drag the Text Mask layer onto it.
Add a Move behavior to the Text Move group. Trim to the length of your transition and adjust until the text is completely covering the frame. If the text looks rasterized, change the render quality to Best.
Add a fade in/out behavior to the Text Color clone layer and adjust so the color fades away (leaving only the mask) before the transition has completed.

To get this to work with different lines of text and to be flexible, requires knowing how to rig and is much more difficult. Basically, you need to create a text effect where the transition is at the end of the effect protected by a build out mandatory marker. You need to create adjustable parameters for the Move behavior at the least.

Hope this helps.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Bonnie Choi
Re: Transition animation for FCPX / Motion 5
on Jul 20, 2018 at 1:31:48 pm

Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for your kind explanation and sample! Sample looks great, too.
I will read thoroughly and try to create the animation, following your notes.

Once again, thank you!
Bonnie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]