FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX related program "Producer's Best Friend" says some of my footage is over 100% of tim

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Natteau
FCPX related program "Producer's Best Friend" says some of my footage is over 100% of tim
on Jul 7, 2018 at 1:20:45 pm
Last Edited By Nick Natteau on Jul 7, 2018 at 1:24:06 pm

I'm currently using the program "Producer's Best Friend" [PBF] to monitor how I'm using all of my media in my FCPX project.
But what I don't understand is that PBF is saying that some of my media (like stills) amount to 112.8% of the timeline/project.
How is that even possible? Can anyone who has used this program explain what I might be doing wrong? Or is this a bug?

I gave my Stills an orange color for their Role. You can see from the project/timeline that my stills amount to a vast majority of the timeline. But how would they amount to 113%? That doesn't make sense.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX related program "Producer's Best Friend" says some of my footage is over 100% of tim
on Jul 7, 2018 at 1:52:12 pm

Since they are stacked (more than one still on screen at a time) their individual run time is longer then the total run time of the program. You have roughly 4m16s of stills in a 3m44s program, accounting for over 100% of the trt.

Return to posts index

Nick Natteau
Re: FCPX related program "Producer's Best Friend" says some of my footage is over 100% of tim
on Jul 7, 2018 at 5:27:43 pm

Thank you for your help Jeremy. In order for me to be able to see how great a percentage the stills occupy of the timeline, would I have to overwrite them all to the primary story line?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 7, 2018 at 7:09:17 pm

No.

I’d try putting the multiple layers of stills in to a compound clip. I’m not sure if that would work, but it’s worth a shot.

If not, perhaps an email to intelligent assistance (makers of PBF) could help sort it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]