Is it still best practice to go through Resolve when moving a project from Premiere to FCPX. Got to take over a project from the west coast and the Premiere project/timeline/interface that was sent to me makes me shudder. Pr- xml - resolve - roundtrip to X?
+1 to SendtoX. Great little utility (along with XtoCC for the opposite direction), I use it all the time. But expect to have to do some cleanup work after the translation:
- Audio, in particular can be wonky. Levels don't always come across correctly.
- And stereo clips may have to be switched to dual mono and back to stereo to play correctly.
- And slo-mo/fast motion footage may not translate correctly.
- And make sure to break apart any nests in the Premiere project before conversion - otherwise, you are likely to be missing the original clips used to make it.
- Plus you'll have lots of strange 1 frame clips at random places in the new timeline.