FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a view that lets you see the ENTIRE name/comment in the timeline tag index?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Feaz
Is there a view that lets you see the ENTIRE name/comment in the timeline tag index?
on Jun 21, 2018 at 5:49:01 pm

I like to use markers to transcribe and index interviews, but there's usually more to say that this particular view gives me, and the items in the index get cut off after a few words. Hovering to see the rest is a big pain. Is there a way to expand this view so I can see the entire comments at once?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Is there a view that lets you see the ENTIRE name/comment in the timeline tag index?
on Jun 25, 2018 at 5:50:53 pm

I've not found a way. I've given apple feedback dozens of times about this exact need. I'd also love a way to export this data into a spreadsheet format to share edit notes or import into another timeline and drop markers. There is so much potential power here...would love to take advantage of it.

Return to posts index

Jeff Feaz
Re: Is there a view that lets you see the ENTIRE name/comment in the timeline tag index?
on Jun 25, 2018 at 6:36:38 pm

Thanks for your reply, Jason. I too have sent Apple an enhancement request.

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
on Jun 25, 2018 at 6:58:27 pm

I'm not sure if this will work, but you might what to check out the "Producers' Best Friend" app from Intelligent Assistance. It generates a lot of reports you normally couldn't do in FCPX. A quick web search should give you a link.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

Jeff Feaz
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:18:03 pm

Thanks, Mark. I will take a look.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Jun 26, 2018 at 12:01:01 am

That's amazing! I'm going to buy this on my next edit. I have a feeling I'm going to love this tool!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]