FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transition from Fcp7 to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivar frisch
Transition from Fcp7 to FCPX
on May 18, 2018 at 6:15:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am going to transition from FCP7 to FCPX since FCP 7, and especially the fact that i can't upgrade my os version, is not working for me anymore. However, I wish to keep all the effects and the extent in which I can adjust them. This is very important to me. Does anyone know if I can keep the same effects in FCPX? And if they are as adjustable as in FCP 7?

I appreciate all the answers a lot!

Cheers,

Ivar

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Transition from Fcp7 to FCPX
on May 18, 2018 at 8:15:43 pm

There may be some crossover with third party effects depending on what you’re using but the answer is going to be no for the most part. They are completely different animals.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

ivar frisch
on May 28, 2018 at 2:27:47 pm

Thanks for your answer Jeff,

I have heard that you can adjust the effects in FCPX with motion? So that you can create your own effects. Do you know if this is correct? And if this isn't correct, do you know if there's another program that maybe has the old FCP 7 effects?

Thanks,

ivar

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on May 28, 2018 at 9:02:00 pm

You can create custom effects in Motion and there are hundreds of effects both paid and free that do whatever you can think of but nothing that’s going to be exactly the same as FCP7.

I may not be the right person to speak to this though. I used and loved FCP7 for years but after using FCPX, I’d rather poke myself in the eye than use it again, so I don’t really remember anything special about the effectsit had.

It doesn’t matter what you do, the only thing that’s going to be like fcp7 is fcp7. Whatever application you transition to is going to be it’s own thing, with its own way of doing things.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]