FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X 10.4 Lag with Multicam Clips... Update (Fixed)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brook Gannon
Final Cut Pro X 10.4 Lag with Multicam Clips... Update (Fixed)
on May 15, 2018 at 9:04:28 pm
Last Edited By Brook Gannon on May 16, 2018 at 1:23:12 am

First I am a novice I've got a couple of simple music videos under my belt but have run into a glitch... Lag. Also if your reading this I want to thank you for the help! I have a 2015 27" IMac with 3.2 i5 processor, 16GB ram, AMD R9 M390 Graphics Card, and a 1TB fusion drive that is had 500GB already used. I'm getting lag while trying to edit with a multicam clip. Is my computer too weak to do this smoothly or is it something else. I tried to check the forum before posting this and the fixes I have tired is changing from H.264 to Apple Pro Res HQ files (its a little better I think) and clearing my PRAM. Here is a you tube video of the problem.

So do I not have enough ram? Is my fusion drive too slow? Is it something else? Could it be user error?

I got this answered on another forum... All I needed to do to have it not lag was use proxy transcoding. Smooth after that...
Select the multicam clip in the browser, right click and choose transcode media. Select proxy. Change viewer playback to proxy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]