FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I get FCPX to link to Proxies created by Redcine-X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Costello
Can I get FCPX to link to Proxies created by Redcine-X?
on May 2, 2018 at 2:12:37 pm

Hello, this is my first post.

I got a project consisting of Red footage. I imported the raw files into FCPX, made selects, and then created proxy files just for the clips I intended to use in the edit. That alone took 24 hours to convert the footage, and it would have taken over 48 hours had I converted the entire project.

While working on the rough cut, I decided I wanted to incorporate some more content that was on footage not yet proxied. However, I didn't want to have to stop working in FCPX and I wanted the files converted asap. Therefore, I used Redcine-X to convert about ten more clips at the same time as I continued working in FCPX.

The problem is, now I cannot get these Redcine-created proxy clips to be read by FCPX in proxy mode along w/ all the other proxy media. My guess is I have to go back to square one and have FCPX do the conversions, but just in case, is anyone aware of a workaround or some way to "trick" FCPX into accepting the Redcine-created Proxies in proxy mode?

** I have already tried moving the Red-created proxies into the Proxy Media folder, and it didn't work.

Thanks!

Phil C.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Can I get FCPX to link to Proxies created by Redcine-X?
on May 2, 2018 at 3:55:58 pm

Why use Proxy mode?

Just use regular mode. Do the edit, then relink to R3D in the end using RCX.

You can then send that relinked FCPXML back to Final Cut Pro.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Phillip Costello
on May 2, 2018 at 5:02:22 pm

My computer can't handle the raw Red files ... it kept crashing.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 2, 2018 at 5:37:15 pm

I assume you have the latest Red plugin?

Even so, just use the ProRes files in FCPX, and don't use Proxy mode. Just use the regular full res mode.

Return to posts index

Phillip Costello
on May 2, 2018 at 5:41:34 pm

I didn't create Regular ProRes files. I went straight from the native to proxy. Does it take less time to create regular ProRes?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 2, 2018 at 6:34:48 pm

It doesn't matter what codec files you made. If you made ProRes Proxy files, that's cool.

Just don't use the Proxy mode in FCPX. Use "Original/Optimized" mode and use the files you created from RCX to edit with.

You can reconnect to R3D later in the process.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]