FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mandy Leonardo
Relinking files
on May 1, 2018 at 4:17:37 pm
Last Edited By Mandy Leonardo on May 1, 2018 at 5:02:04 pm

I just got a new mac and having issues relinking files to projects. I had used an external drive to do all of my editing and that's where the files are. The raw media is also in FCP and playback is fine...it's just the Projects that are missing media.

When I try to relink, it finds them on the external drive and relinks, but then there is no video, just audio. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also, this is only happening for some projects....there are several that are in there just fine. It's also worth noting that when I installed FCP on my new computer, it installed an updated version. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Relinking files
on May 1, 2018 at 5:20:36 pm

[Mandy Leonardo] "Also, this is only happening for some projects....there are several that are in there just fine. It's also worth noting that when I installed FCP on my new computer, it installed an updated version. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
"

Are you sure it's media that is missing and not a filter, plugin, or motion template?

Return to posts index

Mandy Leonardo
on May 1, 2018 at 6:11:26 pm

Ah I think your right! I used a plugin on all of them for color. How would I go about finding it?

Return to posts index

Mandy Leonardo
on May 1, 2018 at 7:09:09 pm

Nevermind I figured it out. Yes it was a plugin issue. Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 1, 2018 at 7:13:12 pm

No worries.

Glad you’re up and running.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]