FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poly WAV volume adjustments

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Payne
Poly WAV volume adjustments
on Apr 28, 2018 at 4:45:21 pm

Hello All,

I'm working with Poly WAV audio files in fcpx and my sound mixer would like for me to select which mic I want to use for each clip in our feature film. I've muted the ones I don't want used but apparently that info doesn't show up when he imports the audio as an AAF on his end.

He suggested that I lower the volume on the audio tracks i don't want to use, but I can't find a simple way to do that without busting up each poly Wav file. Any ideas? I've searched around but can't find anything.

Thanks!

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Poly WAV volume adjustments
on Apr 28, 2018 at 6:41:33 pm

“Expand audio components”.

What are you using to send an AAF?

Return to posts index

Glenn Payne
on Apr 28, 2018 at 8:39:41 pm

Oh wow! Thanks so much! I was aware of the "expand audio" but not "expand audio components." It's much appreciated!

I'm creating and XML then sending it to X2Pro to convert to AAF to send to my mixer.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2018 at 8:45:13 pm

The other way to do it is set Roles (or sub roles) and check only the roles you want to keep.

I believe there’s a pref to only include enabled (vs disabled) audio in X2Pro as well.

It is possible to send only the channels you want, I do it all the time by disabling the channels I do not want to send.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2018 at 8:58:32 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "The other way to do it is set Roles (or sub roles) and check only the roles you want to keep. "

I should clarify, check the Roles in X2Pro, not FCPX.

Return to posts index

Glenn Payne
on Apr 29, 2018 at 2:31:44 pm

Thanks so much, Jeremy!

That helps me out a ton. I found the options to disable or enable muted clips. I'm gonna send my mixer a test to see if the muted tracks remain (so he knows my preference but has them if needed).

You've been a huge help! ☺

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]